Wednesday, May 11, 2005

5) Finally:

On a Friday evening I got a post card from the Borivali-West post office asking me to collect my registered post. Next day morning I went to the post office. Showed them the post card they have sent and my identity card.

I could see from distance when she picked up the cover that the letter was from passport office. My heart started telling “ thank god, unbelievable, my passport, finally, etc ”, but I was warning myself that this may even be yet another letter from them asking me to come and meet them.

When I opened the letter, there it was.


God!!! My Passport, My Passport. I felt like hugging my passport and crying ;-)

The funniest part is my passport didn’t have the ECNR stamp (because of which I waited till I got my degree certificate and applied in Mumbai). Anyway who else might have had such a wonderful time with Mumbai Police & Passport officials.

Don’t think my struggle was over just with my passport. Will post soon about my ECNR story…..

Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Desikan said...

I have also lots of exp with my passport too. Once i lost it in Belgium and... wait let me write it in my blog sometime.

Viji Sundararajan said...

Desikann,

Thanks for reading my passport experience. Looks you have out-of country passport adventures. Waiting to read that .Visit my blog later for my ECNR, PCC (for Belgium work permit visa) etc...

Viji